Positioning refers to the place which a brand occupies in the customer minds and where its product or service stands concerning the similar products or service offered by the competitors in the market
Positioning helps to make the product or the brand look unique and raise its potential benefit in the customer’s mind to the highest level.
2. Red Bull
1. To create a niche place in customer minds
2. Provides an edge to the product in the target market
3. Places within a tangible frame of reference in an intangible service
4. Influence the redesign of existing service
5. Know about the competitor’s moves
6. To give a reason for buying to the target market
7. Offer guidelines for the development of marketing mix with every element consistent with the positioning
POD vs. POP
Point of Parity (POP)
Point of Parity (POP) refers to the aspects of the product that are not unique and are shared by other brands. These are industry standards that are compulsory if the brand wants to be a legitimate competitor in the chosen field.
Point of Difference (POD)
Point of Difference (POD) refers to the benefits that are associated with a brand by the consumers. It provides a competitive edge by making the brand look unique and different from the rival brands.
Example - POD
1. Marketing Strategy
2. Selling Strategy
3. Easy to Buy
4. Brand Personality
5. Car as a software
Example - POD vs. POP
- Explained with examples of Walmart and Amazon, two of the most popular retail giants
This video is on Market Positioning and has the following sub-topics.
01:07 Positioning Objectives
01:46 POD vs. POP
01:52 Point of Parity (POP)
02:20 Point of Difference
04:29 Example POD vs. POP
This video Belongs to the following playlist on Marketing.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKuvAr7gdpw&list=PLvDdvz8B_JZv3c4nI-KTOjxi6y4JNrr4l&index=1
Next - Positioning Strategies - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtPOvv7Ye8
Prev - What is Targeting? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZPlj8L2zDo
Playlist - Marketing Course - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKuvAr7gdpw&list=PLvDdvz8B_JZv3c4nI-KTOjxi6y4JNrr4l&index=1