If your wife and your mother are having conflict, the real battle is to get on the same page with your wife first. Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law relationships can be a challenge. Try these five life hacks.
1. Listen to your wife. In your own words, describe the main problem she's having with your mother.
2. What are some boundaries you need to draw for the sake of your wife and your marriage? Make a list.
3. Ask your wife what she needs from you. How can you serve her and honor her?
4. Do you think your wife is feeling insecure about her relationship with your mom or dad? Does she feel secure in her love for you? Talk about it.
5. Do you think it's time to talk to your mother about this issue? If not, when would be a better time? Are you willing to go, as the man, and represent both you and your wife?
If you liked this video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.
PursueGOD Men is the official men's channel for pursueGOD.org, a free online discipleship resource for families, small groups, and individual mentoring relationships.
Find us online:
Google + Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/1...
For more resources for families, small groups, and churches visit: http://www.pursueGOD.org
Unless otherwise noted, Bible verses are taken from the NLT.
Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.