This episode was recorded on September 9th.
Dr. Jordan Peterson and John Anderson exchange ideas about the freedom of conscience, policies, and mandatory vaccines. Dr. Jordan shares his experience with policies while Anderson shares tips on conducting proper debates while commenting on the governmental debates. See how Australia connects to their discussion and how social media came into play.
John Anderson is a sixth-generation farmer and grazier from New South Wales, who spent 19 years in the Australian Parliament. After serving in politics, Anderson launched a web-based interview program, Conversations with John Anderson, featuring interviews with public intellectuals. He continues to serve the interests of Australia’s rural and regional communities.
Find more John Anderson on his website https://johnanderson.net.au/
Check out his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnAndersonConversations
Check out his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnandersonao
Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JohnAndersonAO/
● [00:00] Dr. Peterson introduces this week’s guest, John Anderson.
● [03:32] "The problem with fighting fire with fire is that you end up burning." Dr. Peterson
● [03:54] What’s happening in Australia and the west?
● [04:26] John’s tips for proper debates.
● [06:17] How Anderson views Australia’s regime.
● [06:40] China’s imposed threat on Australia.
● [09:09] John quoting Henry Kissinger on freedom.
● [09:47] The legality of mandatory vaccines in western culture and the blitz story during WWII in Britain.
● [11:48] Anderson’s analogy of democracy.
● [14:31] Dr. Peterson’s advice on policies.
● [16:05] The lockdowns in Australia.
● [22:07] Dr. Peterson’s perspective towards proper political force on vaccinations.
● [21:26] The cost of safety.
● [25:29] John’s opinion on debates.
● [26:56] Breaking down trust in the government.
● [31:53] How governmental debates should be conducted.
● [37:21] Freedom of Conscious.
● [43:10] The best rationale for mandatory vaccines.
● [53:01] Lockdowns and the dangers of mandating medical procedures.
● [59:46] The power of social media and John’s thoughts on moving forward.
● [01:02:19] Social media and John's podcast.
● [01:06:47] Anderson’s thoughts on freedom and governments.
● [01:10:15] Australian politicians' understanding of social media.
Visit www.jordanbpeterson.com to view more information about Jordan, his books, lectures, social media, blog posts, and more.
Jordan B. Peterson is a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, a clinical psychologist, and the author of the multi-million copy bestseller 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, #1 for nonfiction in 2018 in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, the Netherlands, Brazil and Norway, and slated for translation into 50 languages.
Dr. Peterson has appeared on many popular podcasts and shows, including the Joe Rogan Experience, The Rubin Report, H3H3, and many more. Dr. Peterson’s own podcast has focused mainly on his lecture series, covering a great deal of psychology and historical content. Jordan is expanding his current podcast from lectures to interviews with influential people around the world. We hope you enjoy this episode and more to come from Dr. Peterson in the future.
// SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL //
// COURSES //
Discovering Personality: https://jordanbpeterson.com/personality
Self Authoring Suite: https://selfauthoring.com/
Understand Myself (personality test): https://understandmyself.com/
// BOOKS //
Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life: https://jordanbpeterson.com/Beyond-Order
12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos: https://jordanbpeterson.com/12-rules-for-life/
Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief: https://jordanbpeterson.com/maps-of-meaning/
// LINKS //
Reading List: https://jordanbpeterson.com/great-books/
// SOCIAL //
// SPONSORS //
Interested in sponsoring my audio podcast? Reach out to my advertising team here: firstname.lastname@example.org