Gigafactory Texas on 24 December 2021! This is where the Cyber Truck and Model Y will be built!
A quiet day at the site with crews & employees enjoying a well-earned day off! Biggest change or news is the continued and accelerating clearing the east parking area in prep for production-related construction! About 75% of the trailers have been relocated and more are in various stages of preparation to do so. Also, materials that were stored here are being relocated farther east as well.
Thank you for watching & supporting me all this year! Merry Christmas and I'll see you next week for the big final push before end of year!
Joe’s Christmas holiday message: 0:06 to 1:24
Key highlights with discussion & illustrations: 1:25 to 3:12
Drone flight footage & infographics: 3:38 to 21:38
A few other interesting highlights from this morning:
- The south end walls are nearly installed all the way across, with only one section remaining on the stamping extension structure. It is highly likely these will be completed by Monday afternoon at the rate they are moving along. We also look into the open area above the temporary platform as this area was clear and unobstructed today.
- The main entrance area on the west continues construction of what appear to be front doors with possibly glass panels on either side. I got a good image at low level into this area and many more details are visible in that image.
- North end concrete driveways and loading areas made progress yesterday, with just two sections remaining to be completed
- As mentioned, east side parking area is rapidly emptying of trailers, materials and equipment, and we see a corresponding increase in these materials and trailers on the north and far east areas. The north trailer area appears to be where the red-striped Tesla temporary offices/trailers are being relocated
- Most of the drone flight today was flying around the main and east sites to get a good view of what has been accomplished and what is about to begin. For this Christmas eve day video, I will not include commentary as there is not a lot of action to highlight, other than what I mentioned above.
Thank you for watching and I hope this has been informative, educational, and entertaining for you. If you would like, please consider supporting me via Patreon (link is in the description of this video and in the video itself) so I can continue to make and share these incredible videos.
Follow me on
Instagram (Joe’s Last Chance Garage) for the latest updates: #joeslastchancegarage
Facebook Joe Tegtmeyer and Joe’s Last Chance Garage
Be sure to check out additional Texas Gigafactory footage on these channels:
Video, photos, illustrations, and commentary on this video is by me, Joe Tegtmeyer unless otherwise annotated.
Music in this video is obtained from the YouTube free and unrestricted and royalty-free use library. Ending song is Mr. Sunny Face - Wayne Jones
Drones used are DJI Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2.
Drone flight over Giga Texas is with permission of Tesla and CEO Elon Musk